Your home is your haven—a place to be yourself, share the warm glow of family gatherings and build your future from the inside out. It’s where you hang your hat, rest your head and collect your memories. So, finding the right home is not simply about knowing the right search terms or scrolling through mountains of photos . . . it’s about having the right guide on your journey to home ownership.
ELPIS Real Estate Boutique does not believe in merely filling available houses with eager buyers. No, we want to build a relationship with you first—a lasting relationship that takes you into your first home, your next home and every real estate desire you have in the future. As a home buyer, you are facing a key decision. Shouldn’t it be focused on fulfilling your aspirations and not just checking the right boxes on a form?
Every real estate advisor on the ELPIS team is committed to delivering exceptional results. Yes, we will ask you a lot (and we mean a lot) of questions, all designed to know your every wish and need. Yes, we will be there to answer every (and we mean every) question you encounter along the way—there are no silly questions, as we love sharing what we know and learning from you in return. Yes, most importantly, we are here to deliver an amazing experience.
Top 10 Checklist for Home Buyers
- Determine your budget for a down payment and how much you can comfortably invest monthly. Factor in monthly expenditures such as your HOA, maintenance, utilities, insurance, landscaping, etc.
- Obtain mortgage pre-approval, keeping your credit report and score in mind as you shop for the best rates, terms and programs. Gather all necessary paperwork along the way.
- Identify your timeline for moving. For instance, is school year a consideration?
- Find a real estate agent who specializes in your chosen area.
- Write down needs and prioritize wants: home style, size, amenities, parking stalls, etc.
- Explore different neighborhoods to determine which ones fit your needs.
- Take traffic access and commuting time into account.
- If applicable, research schools in selected neighborhoods.
- Look to your agent to recommend properties based on your specifications. Review them thoroughly and ask as many questions as you wish.
- When you have a home in mind, have your agent prepare your offer and negotiate any terms or adjustments that may benefit you in the purchase.